The admission to the top most MBBS colleges in India is based on the NEET entrance exam. And to be eligible for applying to MBBS courses, the candidates must have at least 50% of scores in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 10 + 2 levels. The minimum age for applying to the NEET exam is 17 years. To secure the seats in the top colleges for MBBS, the candidates must qualify the NEET cutoff.
1. Eligibility criteria: Check the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in India. Generally, the minimum requirement is that you should have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
2. Entrance exam: Appear for the entrance exam conducted by the central or state governments or private institutions. Some of the popular exams for MBBS admission in India are NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), and JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research).
3. Application process: Once you have cleared the entrance exam, you need to apply for MBBS admission in the colleges of your choice. The application process may vary from college to college. Some colleges may have online applications, while others may have offline applications.
4. Counselings: After the application process, you will be called for counseling. During the counseling, you will be allotted a seat based on your rank, preferences, and availability of seats.
5. Admission: Once you have been allotted a seat, you need to report to the college with all the required documents and complete the admission process.
6. Course duration: The MBBS course duration is generally five and a half years, which includes four and a half years of classroom training and one year of internship.
It is important to note that the admission process and eligibility criteria may vary from state to state and college to college. Therefore, it is recommended to visit the official websites of the colleges and universities for detailed information.